Saturday 3 October 2009

Brussels

MP3 track of the day - Breakfast at Tiffany - Deep Blue Something



Waking up after another 12hr sleep I still didn't feel perfect. I went down and had another small breakfast and then left the hostel. Leaving at 10:00am I arrived at the train station around 10:30am ... 4 hours early for my train.

I could of put all my stuff in a locker and have gone out but frankly, just even drinking some water was a bit of a mission so I found a seat and just sat there and watched the world go by. At around 1pm I knew I had to eat something but I wasn't sure I could stomach it (get it); I ummed and arr but, in the end, I decided to get a small cone of chips ... just as a tester.

I then made my way to my platform ... I didn't feel the immediate affect of the food but after a little while I felt my old self again.

I boarded the train and in no time at all we were in Brussels. I found my hostel and got ready ... again I was starting to feel poorly so I headed out into the city ...there is quite a breeze tonight so I just walked and walked eventually finding an Italian ... umm spaghetti can't go me any harm I thought. Went it arrived it was boiling hot and so I new I wasn't going to get any problems from it ... however it didn't take me long before I was struggling and I only eat a third of it. The waiter was very nice and I left a good tip as I felt abit bad.

I then decided to head back to my hostel for an early night ... Waterloo tomorrow, hopefully I'll feel better

Toodle Pip!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit under the weather. You've certainly covered some ground though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hopefully I'll feel better soon ... it's weird as usually your body tells you whats wrong but I've tried everything.

    Sleep, food, water, fruit ... rennies, nothing works!

    I can't believe I was in Budapest over a week ago (oh talking about that, today I saw an american couple that was on my English walking tour in Budapest ... spooky hey)

    ReplyDelete