Thursday 10 September 2009

Broken up from work....

I know, I know, there hasn't been many updates recently. This is due to the fact that, as usual, I've booked all my train tickets / paid for my travel insurance etc super early and I haven't had anything to do recently ... until today.

Today I broke up from work ... for 3 1/2 weeks!!! My trip now seems really really close and, if I'm honest, it's quite scary. This weekend I'm away with friends and then I've got Monday to pack and get ready before catching my train on Tuesday.





Also today I went for my second course of vaccinations. A few posts ago I said that I'd booked my vaccinations and that it should cost around £15.20 or something ... well it actually cost £120! Yep £120; this was for one injection called 'Tick-Borne Encephalitis' which apparently is common in wooded areas within Austria and Romania. The vaccination wasn't mandatory, but I want to do a bit of hiking in the countryside and I just thought, if I didn't have it, I would either worry or not bother hiking. For piece of mind I thought £120 was a bargain.

Whilst I'm on the subject of vaccinations, there not as I remember at all. Firstly the nurse was fantastic, she explained everything and said which vaccination would protect me from what. Secondly the injections don't really hurt and it doesn't last very long ... I have certainly overcome my fear of injections and whilst I won't be queueing, out side the doctors, for more injections, I won't be worried next time I go for more vaccinations.

Right that's it from me ... 5 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment