Wednesday 29 September 2010

Smugglers Cover Day 2

24th September 2010

MP3 track of the day: Nightswimming - REM

Weather – hotter than yesterday but still cloudy











I got up a reasonable time and said good bye to the English couple (Mike and thingy … I'm rubbish with names) I met yesterday as they were off to Mana Island today for three nights. After this I had got ready to head, yet again, into Nadi.

Apart from visiting an internet cafe (the internet is way cheaper in town than at the resort) I didn't do anything else and returned back to the hotel. Before having tea I went up to the 'sunset balcony' to, funnily enough, watch the sun set as I read my New Zealand guidebook. I then headed back to the restaurant to order a pizza and while that was coming I spoke to this Aussie. He's retired out here but used to work for the UN; for the next 20 minutes or so he was explaining to me how the end of the world is nigh and that immigration and the increase of people from developing nations has turned this world to rubbish … oh and we are all doomed.

After that spurning conversation my pizza came and I ate it all before heading for an early night, I've got to be up by 6am to catch my bus for the 'island hopping' at 7am.

Well Tomorrow signifies my two week mark here in Fiji. At times 'Fiji time' seems to be pretty slow, however overall the time has gone pretty quickly. The weather is still hot and annoying but I'm getting more and more used to it. The people are brilliant and I haven't herd the word 'Awesome' for at least ten days. So how has my budget gone for my mainland visit? Well it's gone very well indeed; I reckon I've only spent around £17.38 per day which is below my budget of £20 a day. It's a shame the next six days are going to flatten my budget keeping, still you only live once.

Toodle Pip

P.S. As I will be island hopping for six days I don't know if I'm going to have electricity, let alone internet access. Therefore the blog my have to take a rest for five / six days until I return … I know, I know heart breaking and unbelievable as it may seem, this might be the case … sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment