Sunday 24 January 2010

It's been a busy start to 2010

Busy is an understatement.

In the last two weeks I've:
  • Withdrawn my savings
  • Spoke to the National Insurance people (Revenue and Customs) about my National Insurance contributions whilst I'm away (thankfully I don't have to make any)
  • asked if I need to make a will (nope)
  • Got my bank accounts in order
  • Booked a first aid course
  • Applied for a foreign drivers permit
  • Booked my flights, activities and insurance

The final item I've just completed to day. I've been at the STA travel agents all afternoon and I've booked:

  • All my flights for both trips (apart from an internal flight from Bangkok - Singapore)
  • All my insurance
  • A 2 week trip in Alaska (Alaskan Wonder)
  • A 3 week volunteering activity in Cambodia; here I'm going to be looking after orphan children, teaching them English, playing games etc.

All of that lot has just cost me £5,000.00 ... eeek, better go through with it now.

Now I really need to get my visa's done

So much stuff to do so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment