Tuesday 29 September 2009

Bran

MP3 track of the day: Common People - Pulp



Today I decided to go to Bran; the castle there was used to conjure up the idea of Dracula (apparently) so I decided it was worth a look. I had to take two buses to get there but luckily an Oz couple (actually the man was originally from the UK) was trying to get to the same place so we both helped each other out.

I chatted to the guy until we reached the castle and then we parted ... it cost 12 lie to enter (£3) and it was okay.

I like the outside of buildings (I'm not really that bothered about the inside) but you couldn't really get a good viewing point of the castle. It sounds weird, it being on a hill, but the castle was surrounded by trees so no good photo opportunities.

I went around the inside of the castle and that was interesting (I learnt allot about the Romanian Royal Family pre-WW1).

After this I walked a little around Bran, though a market but then decided to go back to Brasov. I got back here around 3:30pm and decided to get ready for tomorrow. First stop was to buy some food for my journey and then pack my bags accordingly. The one thing I do like about continental trains is that they have a power supply for each person, which I plan to use to the full.

That's about it really ... I've enjoyed my time in Brasov, it's been allot more chilled than the three cities I went to before.

Now it's about 5ish; I need to withdraw a little cash as I only have 18 lie left ... thought I could manage without but na. Then I'm off to meet by room mate in a 'Irish Bar'. He's a Kiwi that's spent the last nine years in Europe ... he's bought a motorbike in Berlin and is just riding through the countryside ... how ace is that!

Toodle Pip!

P.S. As I am travelling for 26hrs or so to cologne you won't get an update tomorrow but hopefully Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment