Wednesday 20 October 2010

$8

Thursday 21st October 2010

MP3 track of the day: Lothlorien - Lord of the Rings

Weather: Very windy but sunny in the morning. Hot and sunny in the afternoon






















Due to being up nineteen hours yesterday I woke up late and wasn't ready to head out until 11:30am. During breakfast I spoke to the impostor Matt Otte and his mates as they were leaving to day. I said goodbye and headed out for my hike.

With lunch packed I had decided that I would hike for the good part of the day; the only hike near town was the one I did yesterday, though as it's a loop track, I would walk the opposite way as yesterday.

To get to the start of the hike I had to walk for an hour past a bird sanctuary that I went past yesterday. As Richard had already been here we skipped the sanctuary yesterday, however today I had a good look and saw some rare New Zealand native birds including the Kaka.

The weather was so much better today than yesterday, it took me longer to walk to the start of the route today due to all the photographs I was taking. Once at the start of the trail (The Kipler track) I headed left, whereas yesterday we went right. The walk was very pleasant but with few photo opportunities.

At around 3:00pm I had been walking for three hours and thirty minutes. Guessing that an hour had been used for lunch and photo stops, I decided to head back to the hostel as I would arrive back in town around five-thirty. I actually arrived around five and so I went to the local supermarket to by tea or $4.

I just chilled for the rest of the evening, surfing the web for 'urban' and 'people' photography recommendations and reading my Japanese guidebook. I had tea around 7pm followed by a film and an early night. I've only spent $8 today which is a godsend as yesterday I forked out over £250 for the cruise, hostel accommodation and food ... hopefully tomorrow will be just as good on the old wallet.

Tomorrow the biggie ... the Milford Sound cruise; I just hope the weather is as good as today and that I get up on time. The weather report says tomorrow is good ... but then again look what happened on the Tongario Alpine Crossing ... fate will decide I suppose.

Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment