Monday 5 July 2010

Trekk America - Day Three

MP3 Track of the day: More Hillbilly Stuff

Weather: Changeable but mostly dry












Getting up late George and I were the last to put our tents away and therefore we missed breakfast. We had a long drive ahead of us towards Denali National Park; however we would be camping for the night along the way at Maclaren Lodge.


Luckily it wasn't long before our first 'snack stop' so George and I could grab some breakfast. The weather had cleared up allot more today and the drive to Maclaren was lovely with loads of photos opportunities.

We arrived at the campsite fairly late and so all we did was pitch up, had tea and go to sleep. The campsite was lovely; we were on a hill side over looking a lake with a glacier coming off snow-topped mountains in the background ... bliss. Linda (the Irish woman) thought the location was so beautiful that she had pitched her tent so that in the morning she could open her door and look out onto the beautiful view ....


... unfortunately for Linda, within her group were two retards (George and I) who plonked their tent right in the way of Linda's view (sorry). I really liked this campsite, it seemed so much nicer that McCarthy and I wish we were staying more than one night.


During the night I had to get up to use the bathroom ... when I returned the sun was behind the glacier casting a purple-colour onto the water. I wanted to take some photos but I might wake up my 'tent buddy' (George) ... after about 15 seconds of internal debate I decided that the photo opportunity was more important than George's sleep and so I went into the tent, grabbed my camera, and took a few snaps (on my Flickr account) and then went back to sleep.

Tomorrow Denali

Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment