Saturday 22 May 2010

Day 2 in Halifax

MP3 Track of the day - walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves

Weather: Very sunny but cool at the same time ... perfect weather.













Okay so after my catch-up blog this morning I was informed that there was a famous market in town (the biggest in Nova Scotia) until 1pm; as it was 11:45 I quickly headed to it. The market was cool; it was in an old building on many floors and there was everything from wine, to food, to the usual tat. I purchased a waffle (with icing sugar and cinnamon) plus some fudge (1x piece of vanilla, 1x piece of coconut and 1x piece of maple ... which was lovely).

After the market I headed back up the harbour (passing the hot dog stand I went to yesterday ... it smelt good) and towards the bridge that connected Halifax to Dartmouth. As it took an hour to reach Dartmouth I spent a little time there and then headed back to Halifax (there wasn't much to see there anyway).

I came back to the harbour after visiting Dartmouth and purchased a 1/4pdr beef sausage hot dog from the same stall as yesterday with onions and BBQ sauce ... it was allot nicer than the hot dog of yesterday. Finally after that I finished off the sights within Halifax; a graveyard which housed the dead from the Halifax disaster and I think some of the Titanic passengers (only went around the outskirts and didn't stay long). Finally I walked through the park back to the hostel.

It doesn't sound allot but I had walked for hours and my feet hurt a little; therefore I'm back now. I need to find out about the airport shuttle for tomorrow as I fly out to Winnipeg. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Halifax, but I have run out of things to do. In an ideal world I would have gone to Lindbergh but hey-ho. I'm looking forward to Calgary.

I've been away now for two and a half weeks and I would say the first part of my tour (the 'eastern cities' tour) is over. I've thoroughly enjoyed it but now I move onto the western part of Canada and, hopefully, abit more countryside.

Toodle Pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment