Wednesday 5 August 2009

London fr a £5!


Yes that's right, a train from Derby to London for 5.00 pounds stirling!

Who did I bribe for that offer ... no one. Megatrain (http://www.megatrain.com/) is an initiative from Stage Coach (who run the east midlands line) where, on some less popular journeys, they offer seats for as little as 1 pound!

You have to be quick as these tickets go faster than ... faster than ... well a fast thing that's really fast.

I leave Derby around midday to arrive in London St Pancras International ready to catch the 4pm Eurostar to Brussels. I travelled to Brussels via Eurostar earlier in the year and loved the experience (much better than a plane in my opinion) and a 51 pounds one way, the price was pretty good too!

Well with the train sorted it's time to get travel insurance, youth hostel membership and of course my inter-rail ticket ... so much to do so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment